Featured Post

Passed one of the important exams of my career.

Thanking God for enabling me to pass one of the exams for Power engineering.  Two more to go !!!!! 

28 August, 2012

Onam Sadya


Sadya in Malayalam relates to Buffet. This is nothing but the feast of Kerala. It is a vegetarian meal which is always served on a banana leaf. People are seated cross legged on the floor and the various dishes are served on the leaf.

It can have about 24 – 28 dishes and all will be served in a single course.
The main dish is rice which is served with other dishes called as Kootan (Malayalam). It includes various dishes like parippu, Sambar, rasam, pulisseri, kaalan, avial, thoran, olan,pachadi, mango achar ,naranga curry, as well as papadum, banana, plain yogurt or buttermilk, and plantain chips.

The dessert is called Payasam which is served at the end of the meal.

Usually My mom prepares Ada Pradhaman which is generally a big hit in our family!
So this evening – I look forward to have Onam Sadya with my family J

My previous listing on Onam, please visit Onam1 & Onam 2

No comments:

Post a Comment